The Capital Research Center is excited to attend our second FreedomFest!
Through our Dangerous Documentaries film brand, we’ll be screening three of our films at the Anthem Film Festival and participating in at least 4 panels. We hope you can join us! And please visit us in booth # 806!
- Friday, July 19th at 1:00pm we’ll screen the world premiere of the pilot episode for our show Politically Incorrect Guide TV, aka PIGTV. The show is co-hosted by New York Times bestselling authors, podcasters, and libertarian media personalities Tom Woods and Michael Malice. Based on the Regnery Publishing book series of the same name, the show explains the politically correct narratives infecting society, who is responsible for them, and the politically incorrect truth they don’t want you to know, all fully animated in a fun political cartoon style! The pilot episode is “The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Constitution” and the screening will be held in Versailles 3. A panel on “The Animator’s Art: Beyond Cartoons” will follow the screening.
- On Friday, July 19 th at 2:10 pm, Scott Walter, president of Capital Research Center will moderate the panel “UnCivil War: Can a Divided America Stand?” The panel includes John Fund, Grover Norquist and Candace Owens and will be on the main stage in the Rivoli Ballroom.
- Saturday, July 20th at 12:00 noon we’ll be screening our feature film No Safe Spaces. Starring Adam Carolla and Dennis Prager, the film takes them to college campuses across the country, interviewing students and professors, comedians and commentators, and those who have been impacted by the silencing of different voices on campus, analyzing the value of so-called “safe-spaces.” The film also features noted free speech advocates from both sides of the aisle, including Jordan Peterson, Van Jones, Dave Rubin, Alan Dershowitz, Gregg Lukianoff, and Tim Allen. The film will release theatrically nationwide by the end of 2019. The screening will take place in Versailles 3.
- Following the screening, a panel “Banned on Campus: Can Free Speech be Resuscitated?” will take place with No Safe Spaces producer Mark Joseph.
- Also on Friday, July 19th, at 2:10 you’ll be treated to one of our short films, The Architects of Woke: Judith Butler’s War on Science. Hosted and directed by filmmaker Rob Montz, The Architects of Woke series takes aim at far-left post-modernist and Marxist thinkers and activists responsible for the spread of identity politics on college campuses and in society at large. The first episode covers University of California at Berkeley feminist gender theorist Judith Butler, who is famous for making the argument that gender is a performance rather than biological. Butler’s theories, spread through dense, opaque jargon, originated the notion that gender is subjective and non-binary, which is contradicted by substantial evidence. The screening will take place in Versailles 3.
- Following the screening will be the panel “The Rise of Radical Feminism and Genderism in Academia.”
- On Saturday, July 20th at 3:10pm, CRC President Scott Walter will be speaking on “Political Polarization and the State of Liberty.” Using CRC’s in-depth research on the influence of the organized Left on American politics, Scott will explain how Leftist organizing has contributed to the division of America and imperiled the future of liberty. The panel will take place in Champagne 4.
The Capital Research Center was established in 1984 to examine how foundations, charities, and other nonprofits spend money and get involved in politics and advocacy, often in ways that donors never intended and would find abhorrent. From the start, CRC has exposed how those organizations are “captured” by interest groups and used to undermine Americans’ freedoms.
Since then, we’ve expanded tremendously.
Today, the mission of the Capital Research Center is to expose the agendas of funders, activists, and politicians who use the power of government to benefit special interests. We investigate and expose every type of political influencer, with the goal of letting the American public know who is pushing for policies and ideas that subvert our liberties, and why they’re doing so. We also investigate the mechanisms by which influencers attempt to deceive us, publishing work on media bias and censorship of conservatives and libertarians.
We’re not afraid to take on the Washington Establishment—Republican, Democrat, or anyone else.
We do have a specific point of view. We believe in free markets, Constitutional government, and individual liberty. But facts are facts, and our journalists and researchers go where the facts lead them.
We spread our work via multiple websites, a monthly magazine, op-eds in major publications, books, videos, podcasts, and films. We’re also a source of information for commentators and people in the news media.
Our well-known short-form animated videos release regularly on our social media pages and YouTube channel. These videos have over 11 million views to date and have been translated into numerous languages including Polish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Bulgarian, Serbo-Croatian, and more. Intended to inform younger audiences, these videos spread the basic facts on how left-wing influencers have misled the American public.
We release our films under our Dangerous Documentaries brand. This includes No Safe Spaces, PIGTV, The Architects of Woke, and our America Under Siege series. In addition to those projects, we will release a feature documentary biography about Jack Kemp by the end of 2019.
At InfluenceWatch.org we host an online encyclopedia that profiles public policy influencers. With thorough research and extensive citations, InfluenceWatch seeks to provide balanced information to inform journalists and academics about the realities of the groups influencing the news cycle.
We also have the InfluenceWatch Podcast, which takes information from InfluenceWatch.org and uses it to explain who is behind the news of the week. Hosted by InfluenceWatch.org Managing Editor Michael Watson, the podcast releases every Thursday on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play, and YouTube. At ClimateDollars.org, we expose the truth about the money behind the public debate on climate change. Despite widely cited claims that a vast network of organizations are spending almost a billion dollars annually to “deny” climate change, our extensive database proves that left-wing groups spend massively more than right-wing groups on climate activism.
In our monthly Capital Research Magazine and on CapitalResearch.org, we report on left-wing unions, environmentalist groups, foundations, and radical activist groups including Antifa. We promote charitable organizations making a difference in local communities in our “Doing Good” series, proving the welfare state is not the best way to aid the poor in America. In our “Deception & Misdirection” series we profile those who actively mislead the American people to push a political agenda and explain how they get away with it.
Under our Center for Strategic Giving brand, we advise donors and foundations on how to ensure their money is used the way they intend. We published the book How Great Philanthropists Failed & How You Can Succeed at Protecting Your Legacy, which explains how influential foundations, such as the Ford Foundation, were captured by the Left against the wishes of their patrons.
Though we’ve been around since 1984, CRC is growing faster than ever, and we’ll have many more exciting new projects on the horizon soon.
We are the Capital Research Center, America’s investigative think tank.