The Capital Research Center is excited to attend our third FreedomFest! Through our Dangerous Documentaries film brand, we’ll be screening four of our films at the Anthem Film Festival and participating in 6 panels. We hope you can join us! And please visit us in booth # 406.
- Tuesday, July 14th, 3pm – Anthem/Milano – “The Politically incorrect Guide to Journalism.” Starring Tom Woods and Michael Malice, this episode in our animated series covers the politically incorrect truth about how the media lies to the American people. Tom Woods and Michael Malice will appear with the filmmakers on a panel after the screening!
- Tuesday, July 14th, 4:20pm – Anthem/Milano – Architects of Woke: Howard Zinn, Hollywood, & The Fairy Tale of American Evil – Architects of Woke: The 1619 Project’s Fake History. This double feature of episodes in our Architects of Woke series cover the influence of far-Left historians in educating America’s next generation. Filmmakers Rob Montz and Joseph (Jake) Klein will join historian Phil Magness on a panel after the screening.
- Tuesday, July 14th, 5:30 PM – 6:00 PM on the Main Stage 2 – CRC President Scott Walter will be speaking on Hashtagging Liberty: “How to Break Through to Get People on Board with Liberty.” Can the right words change hearts and minds? A primer on the words to use and not to use to move others toward liberty.
- Tuesday, July 14th, 6:00 PM – 6:30 PM on Main Stage 2 – Scott Walter will also be speaking on “China’s Global Ambitions and What It Means for America,” a panel discussion of China’s impact on liberty.
- Wednesday, July 15th, 12:15pm – Anthem/Milano – The Politically incorrect Guide to Communism. Starring Tom Woods and Michael Malice, this episode in our animated series covers the politically incorrect truth about Communism. Tom Woods and Michael Malice will appear with the filmmakers on a panel after the screening.
- Wednesday, July 15th, 2:10 PM – 3:10 PM in Roman II/IV – CRC President Scott Walter will moderate the panel on “Follow the Money! An Insider’s Guide to Money and Politics.” This session will take a look at the flood of 501c3 spending used to influence politics in America with a discussion about the activists, their agendas, and impact.
The Capital Research Center was established in 1984 to examine how foundations, charities, and other nonprofits spend money and get involved in politics and advocacy, often in ways that donors never intended and would find abhorrent. From the start, CRC has exposed how those organizations are “captured” by interest groups and used to undermine Americans’ freedoms.
Since then, we’ve expanded tremendously.
Today, the mission of the Capital Research Center is to expose the agendas of funders, activists, and politicians who use the power of government to benefit special interests. We investigate and expose every type of political influencer, with the goal of letting the American public know who is pushing for policies and ideas that subvert our liberties, and why they’re doing so. We also investigate the mechanisms by which influencers attempt to deceive us, publishing work on media bias and censorship of conservatives and libertarians.
We’re not afraid to take on the Washington Establishment—Republican, Democrat, or anyone else.
We do have a specific point of view. We believe in free markets, Constitutional government, and individual liberty. But facts are facts, and our journalists and researchers go where the facts lead them.
We spread our work via multiple websites, a magazine, a weekly email newsletter, op-eds in major publications, books, videos, podcasts, and films. We’re also a source of information for commentators and people in the news media.
We release our well-known short-form animated videos regularly on our social media pages and YouTube channel. These videos have over 17 million views to date and have been translated into numerous languages including Polish, Portuguese, Vietnamese, Bulgarian, Serbo-Croatian, and more. Intended to inform younger audiences, these videos spread the basic facts on how left-wing influencers have misled the American public.
We release our films under our Dangerous Documentaries brand. This includes No Safe Spaces, our webseries The Politically Incorrect Guide, The Architects of Woke, and our America Under Siege series. In addition to those projects, we will release a feature documentary about Jack Kemp this summer.
At InfluenceWatch.org we host an online encyclopedia that profiles public policy influencers. With thorough research and extensive citations, InfluenceWatch seeks to provide balanced information to inform journalists and academics about the realities of the groups influencing the news cycle.
We also have the InfluenceWatch Podcast, which takes information from InfluenceWatch.org and uses it to explain who is behind the news of the week. Hosted by InfluenceWatch.org Managing Editor Michael Watson, the podcast releases every Thursday on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, and YouTube.
Most recently, we launched the site DarkMoneyATM.org. This uncovers the liberal Left’s $500 million dark money ATM, which funnels money into movements furthering their agenda but without accountability.
At ClimateDollars.org, we expose the truth about the money behind the public debate on climate change. Despite widely cited claims that a vast network of organizations are spending almost a billion dollars annually to “deny” climate change, our extensive database proves that left-wing groups spend massively more than right-wing groups on climate activism.
In our monthly Capital Research Magazine and on CapitalResearch.org, we report on left-wing unions, environmentalist groups, foundations, and radical activist groups, including Antifa. We promote charitable organizations making a difference in local communities in our “Doing Good” series, proving the welfare state is not the best way to aid the poor in America. In our “Deception & Misdirection” series we profile those who actively mislead the American people to push a political agenda and explain how they get away with it.
Under our Center for Strategic Giving brand, we advise donors and foundations on how to ensure their money is used the way they intend. We published the book How Great Philanthropists Failed & How You Can Succeed at Protecting Your Legacy, which explains how influential foundations, such as the Ford Foundation, were captured by the Left against the wishes of their patrons.
Though we’ve been around since 1984, CRC is growing faster than ever, and we’ll have many more exciting new projects on the horizon.
We are the Capital Research Center, America’s investigative think tank.
FreedomFest meets July 13-16, 2020, at Caesars Palace Las Vegas. Tickets are still available. Register today!